Having sleep hygiene and applying a healthy life style to kids is essential for their physical and mental development. In order to help them develop these habits early, it is important as parents to create a regular sleep schedule and make sleep-related decisions that serve their best interests. limiting afternoon naps and cell phone usage before bedtime are all excellent sleep hygiene choices that will benefit the entire family. Additionally, relaxing activities like reading, stretching or even writing in a journal can help kids unwind before bedtime and promote a better sleep routine. Helping children develop good sleep hygiene from an early age is beneficial for a number of reasons, not only will it make them healthier but also more productive in school and social activities.
• Make and keep to a regular sleep pattern.
• Create a calm and relaxing sleep environment by keeping the room dark, quiet, and cool.
• Avoid caffeine or other stimulants in the afternoon/evening.
• Avoid eating large meals before bedtime and relax with a book or gentle stretching instead of screens right before going to bed
• Exercise can help improve both quality of sleep as well as quantity of hours slept each night
• Limit screen time before bedtime.
These tips can help both parents of neurodiverse children and their children get better quality sleep in order to maintain physical health as well as mental wellbeing.
If you have concern about ADHD for yourself or your child click here.
To read more about this click the link below: